Pleasant Ridge Elementary 2021|22 Calendar
Please note that events may be added and dates may change through the school year. Visit the Pleasant Ridge Elementary website for up-to-date SAS information.
|Aug. 25||Open House- All Elementary Bldgs & Heritage 5:30-7pm|
|Aug. 30||First Day of School – Red Carpet Welcome at PR|
|Sept. 3-6||Labor Day Weekend No school for students/staff|
|Oct. 21||Early Release Day (see below for building schedule)|
|Oct. 22||Fall Break – No School|
|Nov. 17||½ day of school for K-8 students – (HS attends all day) (afternoon and evening conferences for K-8)|
|Nov. 18||½ day of school for K-12 students – HS Exams in A.M.(afternoon and evening conferences for K-8)|
|Nov. 19||½ day of school for K-12 students – (HS Exams in A.M.) see below of building schedule|
|Nov. 24-26||Thanksgiving Break– No School|
|Dec. 18||Winter Break Begins|
|Jan. 3||School Returns|
|Jan. 14||Early Release Day – (see below for building schedule)|
|Jan. 17||Martin Luther King Jr. Day -No School|
|Feb. 18||Early Release Day – (see below for building schedule)|
|Feb. 21||President’s Day – No School|
|March 4||1/2 Day of School K-5 ( Full day for grades 6-12) see below for building schedule|
|March 10||1/2 Day of School K-12 (PM Conferences for K-3 ONLY) (AM HS Exams)|
|March 11||1/2 Day of School K-12 (AM HS Exams)|
|March 26||Spring Break Begins|
|April. 4||School Resumes|
|April 15||No School|
|May 30||Memorial Day- No School|
|June 9||1/2 Day of School for K-12 (Am HS exams)|
|June 10||½ day of School for K-12 students – A.M. high school exams|
|Last Day for Seniors|
|May 31||Memorial Day(no school for students and staff)|
* Subject to change…..last updated August 2021
NOTE: See below for FAQs about Building Schedules, Days (regular, ½ days, early release PD days) and Transportation
Saline Area Schools – Calendar FAQs
2021/22 Saline Area Schools Building Schedules
|Regular Day||Early Release Day||½ Day|
|Harvest||8:51 AM – 3:44 PM||8:51 AM – 1:10 PM||8:51 AM – 12:10 PM|
|Pleasant Ridge||8:51 AM – 3:44 PM||8:51 AM – 1:10 PM||8:51 AM – 12:10 PM|
|Woodland Meadows||8:51 AM – 3:44 PM||8:51 AM – 1:10 PM||8:51 AM – 12:10 PM|
|Heritage||8:51 AM – 3:44 PM||8:51 AM – 1:10 PM||8:51 AM – 12:10 PM|
|Middle School||8:00 AM – 2:54 PM||8:00AM – 12:20 PM||8:00 AM – 11:20 AM|
|Saline High School||7:50 AM – 2:44 PM||7:50 AM – 11:58 AM||7:50 AM – 11:10 AM|
|Alternative High School||7:45 AM – 2:39 PM||7:45 AM – 11:58 AM||7:45 AM – 11:05 AM|
1. What is the difference between an Early Release Day and a typical Half Day?
- Early Release Days occur 4 times a year.
- On Early Release Days, students dismiss approximately 2.5 hours before the normal end of the school day (Half Days dismiss approximately 3.5 hours before the normal end of the school day).
- On Early Release Days, students eat lunch at the school (on typical half days they do not).
- On Early Release Days, even if you don’t normally use childcare services, parents can sign-up students in grades K-8 for childcare services with Saline Community Education. Space is limited.See below for more information.
- On Early Release Days, teachers have Professional Development in the afternoon to work on improving the teaching and learning for all students.
2. How is Busing Transportation Impacted on Early Release and ½ Days?
School Bus Drop-off Times at End of the Early Release Days
School buses will be arriving at their stops approximately 2 hours and 34 minutes earlier than their normal time.
EXAMPLE: If children normally get home from the bus stop at 4:30 PM, on early release days, they will get home at around 1:56 PM.
School Bus Drop-off Times at End of the ½ Days
School buses will be arriving at their stops approximately 3 hours and 34 minutes earlier than their normal time.
EXAMPLE: If children normally get home from the bus stop at 4:30 PM, on half days, they will get home at around 12:56 PM.
2. How does childcare work on Early Release Days and what does it cost?
Even if you don’t normally use childcare services, parents can sign-up students in grades K-6 for childcare services with Saline Community Education for Early Release Days. Students will be involved in structured recreation time, along with a number of free choice activities. Community Education does charge a fee of $27 per day or $108 for all 4 days. Sign-up for this service will begin at the end of August and space is limited. More information will be communicated about this option near the beginning of the school year.
NOTE: If your child is attending childcare services on a regular basis, there is NOT an additional sign-up for you to complete for Early Release Days.
4. What if my child doesn’t normally go to child care services and I have concerns about the transition to being in childcare services for only 4 times a year (or whatever sessions you would like this service for)?
We will make sure that all our students are versed as to where to go before the first Early Release Day on October 30. Further, we will make sure they know who the staff will be, how to sign-in and what types of activities will be available for them during this Childcare time. This will help ease the transition.
5. Do I have to sign-up for childcare services for all 4 of the Early Release Days or can I select the ones that I want?
You can select the ones that you want. However, we need to have all of our students signed-up for these 4 early release days by the middle of October, 2020. We need ample time to make sure that our childcare services are properly staffed to accommodate all of the students.
6. What time do I have to pick-up my child from Childcare on an Early Release Day?
Your child needs to be picked up anytime before 6:00 PM on these days.
* Subject to change…..last updated August 2020