The PTA Mission
PTA’s mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
The PR Mission
Our Pleasant Ridge Community mission is to educate by creating a safe, nurturing environment for students to grow academically and socially. We develop invested and engaged lifelong learners, leading to well-rounded, responsible citizens.
- ADVOCATE: Organize our collective voice to influence the school and the district.
- SOCIALIZE: Foster a supportive community that simply has fun together (with & without the children).
- FUNDRAISE: Raise money to enhance all students’ educational experiences by enabling incremental programming & teacher tools (guided by District’s Strategic Framework).
What is the PTA and who can be a Member?
Our PTA is part of both the National and Michigan Parent Teacher Association that strives to enhance children’s educational experiences. Being part of these organizations, we must pay annual dues. To offset these dues, every year, we have a membership drive. Becoming a member does not mean you automatically sign up to volunteer, it just means you support our group and believe in what we’re doing. All parents and caregivers, along with school faculty can be members, for only $10! Please enroll or renew your membership and help us achieve our membership goal! But regardless of whether or not you officially join, we hope you’ll still engage with us!
PTA Programs & Fundraising
PTA Fundraising is a crucial part of enabling excellence for the roughly 475 students who begin their academic career in Saline’s oldest elementary school. In 2018-19, we raised over $34,000, which enabled us to provide mini-iPads, Polar Heart Rate Monitor Bands and shoes for P.E., and to cover annual expenses like field trip transportation, curriculum assistance, and assemblies. This year, we are targeting another $32,000.
The state has cut significant funding for the schools, support from the PTA is needed more than ever. We need to raise about $85 per student to achieve our goal. We will do this in three ways: Traditional Fundraisers (Fall Fun Run, Pizza Kits, Cookie Dough); Events (Spring Fundraiser, Pancake Supper, Book Fairs); and Passive Fundraisers (Box Tops, Coca-Cola Give, AmazonSmile, Kroger Card, Scrip, Busch’s Card).
As you can see, we are a busy group. This is where you can come in! We need your help, and so do your children. Your efforts contribute to building our PR Pride and guaranteeing great experiences! The kids get excited to see dads, moms, siblings, grandparents, and other special friends and family. But, being engaged at PR does not always require your physical presence at school! The PTA always needs an extra hand or two helping out with your talents from home, at your pace or behind the scenes, whenever you can.
Over 500 independent studies on parent involvement show that when parents get involved in their children’s education grades go up, test scores improve, children are more likely to attend better schools after high school, they have fewer discipline problems and they’re less likely to use drugs and alcohol. Get involved TODAY!
Please email our Volunteer Placement VP and ask to be added to the Bench List to keep in the loop about volunteer opportunities. Volunteering doesn’t have to mean a huge time commitment. We understand it is increasingly more difficult to find time to give, but please, whatever your time schedule allows, we have a need of you. We even have tasks that can be performed in the evenings, during the day or that don’t even involve coming to the school at all.
Why Join the PTA?
- PTA creates the village that helps to raise our kids and strengthen our community.
- PTA links families to important school and community information.
- PTA hosts fun programs and events for our families.
- PTA raises money to support the speci c needs of our school.
- PTA engages in school and digital safety initiatives.
- PTA offers kids the opportunity to explore the arts and develop critical thinking, teamwork and creativity.
- PTA inspires a love of reading and enhances students’ book and literary options.
- PTA encourages healthy lifestyles and food choices for every family.
- PTA tracks local, state and national policies every day so we can advocate for what’s best for our students, families and schools.
- PTA believes we can make every child’s potential a reality.
And as always, children are welcome at our monthly meetings. Check out our meeting schedule below. This is a great way to get involved, have fun and meet new friends. See you there!
|2020-2021 PRPTA |
|June 2021||CLOSED||Conference Room|