Parent Night is this Wednesday with Author Julia Cook: 6:30-7:30 p.m./Pleasant Ridge Cafeteria
Please join us on Wednesday, March 23rd from 6:30 – 7:30 PM in the Pleasant Ridge Cafeteria. Award winning children’s book author and parenting expert Julia Cook will be doing a hands-on, hour long presentation teaching parenting tricks of the trade. Topics include: video game addiction, balancing the parenting act, personal safety of kids and teaching kids social skills through books.
As parents, our ultimate goal is to make a positive difference for our children and to help them reach their highest potential. This goal is getting harder and harder to reach.
- How do we accomplish the great task of teaching our kids the BIG LIST of everything they need to know to succeed in life when they believe that all of their needs are being met through screen time?
- How do we teach our kids online safety?
- How do we allow technology to add to our children’s life as opposed to taking from it?
- How do we create an environment where kids genuinely “want it” more than we want it for them?
This parenting talk takes a look at the things that world class parents and educators are doing to accomplish the “ultimate goal.” By creating a craving for knowledge, setting boundaries, teaching grit, encouraging patience and more!
We hope you can make it for an informative hour of laughs and parenting tricks on Wednesday, March 23rd with author Julia Cook .
Reading Builds Character: Reading Logs and Reading Minutes: All Final Reading Log Slips are turned in to Classroom Teachers this Thursday.
The Spring Dance is tonight! Join us from 6-8pm. Don’t forget to dress as your favorite character or just come as your fun self. It’s all about Peace, Love and Books!
If your children missed the book fair during school, you still have a chance to visit the book fair this evening. It will be open in B8 during the dance. Stop in.
And if you have books to give away, bring them in and drop them in the collection box by the office, for the book swap. More details at
PR Book Swap Flyer: Thursday, March 31
The Spring Dance and Book Fair is this week. Click on the image to download the flyer.
Don’t miss it. If you would like to help or volunteer, please send an email to volunteer@prpta,org
March is Reading Month and we love reading and building PR Pride through Julia Cook Books for all the ways to build on our High 5ives!
Reading Builds Character! HERE ARE THE THEMES FOR EACH WEEK:
- February 29- March 4: A Bad Case of Tattle Tongue – all about tattling vs. reporting
- March 7-11: The Worse Day of My Life Ever! – all about listening and following instructions
- March 14-18: My Mouth is a Volcano! – All about waiting your turn and not interrupting
- March 21-25: Soda Pop Head – How to deal with Anger
Read the note
from Pleasant Ridge about all things Reading Month here
, Julia Cook book order forms are due Monday, March 21st
. Checks made out to Julia Cook. Questions, please contact Shannon Soenen at email@example.com
Let’s Get It On! It’s Time for the 2016 Chili Wars happening this Saturday, February 27th from 11:30-1:30 at The 5th Corner Teen Center in Saline supporting Saline’s Teen Center. Pleasant Ridge is cooking for the “Hornets Helping Hornets” student support program. Come out and sample Mr. Bezeau’s Pleasant Ridge Chili Entry!
Click on the link for more details: http://www.fifthcorner.org/