Tonight is Dough Raising Night. Dominos will offer a percentage of all Pleasant Ridge identified sales to go back to our school . Call 734-944-4555 to place your order and make sure to tell them your school is Pleasant Ridge .
Month: September 2014
Thank you staying involved!
The school year is off to a great start and you guys have been AMAZING thus far with volunteering. Thank you!!
We still have a few open chair positions as well as volunteer opportunities, so please check out the following and let me know if this is something you’d be interested in helping with.
send an email to email@example.com or volunteer here
- Open Chair Positions:
- Reading Night (October 28th) ~ help plan and coordinate this October 28th event that promotes reading, fluency and learning strategies
- Teacher Conference Dinners ~ Set up/coordinate staff dinners during teacher conferences; coordinate volunteers to supply food, desserts, beverages or paper products. Set up and clean up help also needed.
- Assemblies ~ Collaborate with staff and organize all assemblies at Pleasant Ridge.
- Committee/Volunteers Needed
- Silent Auction Committee ~ helps gather donations through online forms, emails, phone calls or in-person visits.
- Grounds Beautification Lead/Committee ~ looking for someone who will stay on top of landscaping needs, determines which should be handled by the District and which should be handled by Pleasant Ridge, work with design partner and lead volunteer efforts as appropriate.
- Lunchroom Helpers ~ all grades; help out during lunch period.
- Zero the Hero ~ Dress up as Zero (a superhero) and visit the kindergarten classes on special dates at school (i.e. 10th, 20th,….through 100th day of school) See below for open dates:
- 10/13 (30th Day of School)
- 12/1 (60th Day of School)
- 12/15 (70th Day of School)
- 01/12 (80th Day of School)
- 01/27 (90th Day of School)
- Dress up as Sting
- 10/16 ~ Spirit Day/Fundraiser Assembly (beginning of Assembly; time TBD)
- 10/17 ~ PR on the Porch (evening, during Saline HS football game, more details TBD)
Thank you again for all of your efforts thus far. Please remember, any amount of time that you can give – whether it’s an hour per week, per month or for the year, it is much appreciated and a huge help to the students at PR!
Have a great day, Amanda
(Sign up for reminders at https://www.remind.com/join/prpta)
- Don’t forget to turn in your Box Top labels!!! … Turn in your box tops to your classroom for the FIRST contest by October 24th!! The class that has collected the most box-tops will celebrate with a special party! Click here for more details
- Market Day orders due 10/14. Order at https://www.marketday.com/ Set up your account using the Pleasant Ridge code (#13189).
- Domino’s Dough night is tomorrow. Remember to mention Pleasant Ridge when you order.
Dance-A-Thon is underway!
We kicked off our fall fundraiser on Friday … and the kids showed loads of excitement during the lunch kick off presentations. Please help us raise $15,000 to support Next Generation Learning at Pleasant Ridge! Be one of the first 75 to register online and your child will receive a pedometer!
Mark your calendar for the 80s dance, Monday 10/13 the gym (all students can join the school in dressing up in their favorite 80s attire!) and on Thursday 10/16 everyone is welcome to join the Celebration Assembly where you’ll witness Mr. Bezeau, Mr. Welton & Mr. Tracy get a lot of pies in their faces! Remember to check for updates in your kids folders or follow us to stay updated.
Click here to get started with The Get Movin’ Crew: www.thegetmovincrew.com.
Need a reminder?
Receive text message or email reminders regarding upcoming PTA events by signing up at https://www.remind.com/join/prpta